Truman Medical Center’s Charitable Foundation has created a technology fund to provide incoming 1st year Family Medicine Resident physicians in the Department of Community and Family Med…
Archive for May, 2016
Truman Medical Center’s Charitable Foundation has created a technology fund to provide incoming 1st year Family Medicine Resident physicians in the Department of Community and Family Medicine the resources necessary to practice medicine in the 21st Century.
- This fund supports the cost of providing state-of-the art computers for each of the first year residents and to subsidize new technology tools that will help them learn and practice medicine.
- This June, Truman Medical Center is implementing Cerner’s PowerChart Touch, a native Apple App version of the Electronic Medical Record used throughout Truman’s system. The rollout will begin with the Department of Community and Family Medicine, with the new resident physicians leading the way.
- These devices will be particularly helpful in giving resident’s the opportunity to install and use the flood of new mobile applications and app-linked medical
diagnostic devices built for Apple iPhones and iPads. Effective use of these highly mobile devices will be able to improve the care they provide to Truman’s patients. In the hands of primary care physicians this technology will help these physicians make speedy diagnoses and a lower cost wherever they are with patients.
Special Fundraising Event
Every year I have a tradition of walking and playing my age in holes of golf. Later on this year I’ll be turning 66 so on June 23rd I’ll be walking and playing 66 holes of golf with Dr. Timothy Neufeld at the Nicklaus Club of LionsGate. This year’s goal is $20,000 (roughly $300 per hole).
Stay tuned to my Facebook and Twitter feeds on 6/23 to follow me. Once again Dr. Paul Terranova, Vice Chancellor for Research Emeritus at The University of Kansas, will be caddying for us.
Help us reach our goal by going on line and making your Tax-Free donation to Truman Medical Center Foundation’s Advanced Technology and Equipment Fund (see instructions below).
From a computer or web site
- Point your browser to Truman Medical Center’s Charitable Foundation donation page https://app.mobilecause.com/f/v6x/n
- Select the amount of your donation (any amount will do but we’re shooting for $300 a hole)
- Complete the process conveniently and securely
From a mobile phone
- 1. Text “FPTECH” to 41444
- 2. Follow the donation link on the reply
- 3. Enter the amount and payment information
- 4. Encourage all of your friends to help
We will reach our goal if 300 people pledge $1 a hole but of course any amount will be appreciated. Follow our progress at: https://app.mobilecause.com/public/campaigns_keywords/40425/graph?no_polling=false